SURFCAM 2-AxisSource: Surfware Inc.
Click Here to Download
SURFCAM's 2-Axis systems are the best cost-to-performance values on the market.
SURFCAM's 2-Axis system is a robust, high performance, cost effective CAM product made even more powerful by TrueMill®.
2-Axis TrueMill Functionality
TrueMill is the only toolpath engine that controls the load on the tool to significantly increase productivity (in some cases over 100%) and extend tool life for all materials, including aluminum, steels, titanium, Inconel and other exotics. With TrueMill, the more difficult to machine the material, the greater the competitive advantage.
- Machining parameters in SURFCAM 2-Axis are associative to the geometry. When any changes are made to the tool or cut information the system can easily and efficiently regenerate the toolpath.
- SURFCAM's High Speed Machining enables the tool to maintain higher speeds because all abrupt direction changes are replaced with smooth, tangent tool motion. Smooth high-speed repositioning moves also replace the rapid moves, allowing the machine to stay in the high-speed mode continuously during the entire cycle. Because of these enhancements, toolpath feedrates can be increased and cycle times reduced. In addition, cutting-tool life is extended and wear on the machine tool is reduced due to the more constant chip loads.
- SURFCAM's production milling module is designed to make all toolpath motion smooth and tangent. This is accomplished through the insertion of tangent arcs, within user-controlled tolerances, between all non-tangent moves. Rapid G00 moves are also replaced with smooth high-speed G01 repositioning movements that can be controlled by the NC programmer.
- 2D REST (remaining stock) machining detects and machines only those areas not cut by the previous tool.
- SURFCAM 2-Axis includes optional 4- and 5-axis positioning and optimized drilling.
- Spiral and zig-zag pocketing give the user a variety of machining choices.
- Multiple-height island machining capability and clamp avoidance offer advanced cutting in SURFCAM 2 Axis.
- SURFCAM supports standard canned cycles-countersink, drill, peck, tap, ream, and bore-plus custom cycles, such as chip-break or case drilling.
Click Here to Download