Compact Toolholder For High-Speed MachiningSource: Schunk, Inc.
TRIBOS-RM tool holder is an extension to the TRIBOS product range. The TRIBOS-RM polygonal toolholder series is used for precise cutting at high speeds up to and above 50,000 rpm. The excellent run-out accuracy and stability of the toolholder ensures precise and reliable cutting. It is suitable for precise machining of aluminum, plastics and electrodes.
- Clamped tool concentricity of better than 0.003 mm
- Clamping process can be done within 30 seconds by means of a clamping device, either the manual device SVP-2 or the automatic clamping device SVP-3, together with corresponding reduction inserts
- Cutting tools can be clamped down to shank diameter of 3 mm
- Feed rates up to 20 m/min
- Available with interfaces HSK-E 25, HSK-E 32 and HSK-E 40