Source: IMCO Carbide Tool Inc.
Solid carbide end mills for increased tool life in hardened steel applications; inconel, titanium, heat-treated steels, stainless steels.
Milling Hardened Steels? Want to Double your Tool Life?
Powerful Tool Geometry for Unsurpassed Longevity
- High heat resistant tool coating for maximum cutting edge protection.
- Stronger tool core allows heavier cuts and higher stock removal rates.
- Six flutes for extra cutting power, permitting heavier feed rates in many materials including hardened steels over 50 RC.
- 45 degree helix angle puts more of the flute in contact with the work piece for improved cutting and superior finish.
- CNC manufactured corner radius contributes to extending the tool life by providing corner to corner consistency and generating an even chip load.
Roughing or Finishing
- Stainless Steels (15-5,17-4,440C)
- Hardened Tool Steels
- Heat-Treated Steel